Re: Are they real?

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:26:27AM +0600, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
For the years of working with MC I've learned some key combinations

 You'll find several more nice keys in mc.man and the online-help.
Here's some examples:

Alt-R: makes MC to move a cursor to the middle of the current panel

 Yes, M-g, M-r and M-j selects the top, middle and bottom screen-entry.

Alt-T: changes the way MC shows the current panel
Alt-P: lists history lines

 M-p and M-n steps backward and forward through command history.

Alt-A: extracts current directory path

 And M-enter copies the current filename. C-x t (C-x C-t) copies the
tagged filename(s) from current (other) panel.

Alt-O: kinda synchronozation of panels (like Alt-F1(F2) in Norton Commaner)

 Close. From mc.man:

   M-o, If the  other panel is a  listing panel and you are  standing on a
   directory in the  current panel, then the other panel  contents are set
   to the contents of the  currently selected directory (like Emacs' dired
   C-o key) otherwise  the other panel contents are set  to the parent dir
   of the current dir.

--
//Björnen, bjorn @ bjornen . nu | http://bjornen.nu | |_).._. _ _  _ _ \\
( GPG: 3F1E41C8 5229D5F6 5D8E0149 659CDF06 8320510D | |_)|(_)| | )(-| ) )