[no subject]

"I'd like to use the Gnome version of MC. Now the docs to 4.55.5 say
gnome support has been removed."

You didn't answer me about this statement.  I want to know what file or
webpage says that.  You have bean mislead by this document.  Others can be
mislead too.  Since I don't know what document you meant, I cannot fix it.
Now you are happy so you don't think about others.

GNOME and MC are community projects.  They exist because people want to
help each other, not just because it's better not to pay for software.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin