Re: samba howto

Hello!

howdy,
i'm new to gmc and am trying to use samba thru it. i've read that it is
supported, and it's access like so:

/#smb:

Network browsing is not supported on Linux.  At least it wasn't in
mc-4.5.54.

however, i can't seem to get it to work. do you include user:pass IP\share
after it? what is the exact protocol to use?
i'm using RedHat 7.2 and Ximian Gnome

cd /#smb:host

You should be asked for password and domain name.

I'll not be surprized it it doesn't work - I remember fixing some problems
before releasing mc-4.5.55, and Ximian Gnome still ships mc-4.5.54.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin