Re: how to print a file with mcedit

Hi Jose',

As far as I know, there is no printing support in mcedit.

I find it very strange for an editor.
Do you know the reason?

I do. An editor is a program for editing files. Not a printing tool.
vi doesn't have a print option, does it?
Since the files edited in mcedit are ascii files by definition, you can
always simply type "lpr filename" to print the file.

If you compare this to - for instance - windows 9x/2000/NT, every
program needs a print option in the file menu, since there is no way of
printing a file directly, without using the associated program to that
type of file.

Only if mcedit would be a graphical editor with colors/fonts/graph
support, it would be useful to have a print option.

Regards,
Steef