Re: Opening StarOffice files from MC doesn't work.

Hello, Christian!

|shell/.doc
|Open=soffice %d/%p

Thanks, that works. I needed to do "%d/%p&" though not to lock up MC
with one file. One problem. When I open a .doc file with StarOffice I
get a lot of garbled stuff at the bottom of the MC screen. It says:
SIOCGIFADDR got '00:00:00:00:00:00' repeatedly. I have to restart MC
or open some other file to get MC to work normally again.

Maybe this output also comes from StarOffice?  Then you could try to
redirect it to /dev/null:

Open=soffice %d/%p >/dev/null 2>&1 &

Also Ctrl-L refreshes screen in MC.  It may be useful for you.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin