Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Dan Winship <danw ximian com>
- Cc: nautilus-list eazel com, mc gnome org, prion-me-harder ximian com
- Subject: Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- Date: 24 May 2001 17:42:56 -0400
| > You should be able to mock up your idea by adding a simple application that
| > is registered as the handler for elf/a.out files which does what you described.
| Ok, I have implemented this. I am just waiting for approval to commit
| to gnome-utils.
If you do that, then Evolution, and any other app that uses the MIME db,
will transparently start handling executables too.
You make a good point showing how little I thought about the issue.
And look again like a dumb rock by not being able to walk the entire
chain of thought.
But I think that we can still implement this for Nautilus, while
keeping Evolution safe. The trick is to make Evolution treat
specially the `application/x-executable' MIME type.
It makes sense to do treat this in Evolution as a special case since
Evolution and mail will be the target of attacks anyways, and we can
not trust information that has been sent to us.
] [Thread Prev