Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

John Sullivan wrote:

There are lots of ways to address these things, but saying "stupid people
will do the wrong thing and we don't care" is a sure-fire way to end up with
software that most people will use wrong. Even computer experts aren't all
experts in every aspect of the computer.

My point is, if we "dumb it down" to the point that these people can use it without realizing that their brain switch needs to be in the on position, we've just alienated all the people that make this such a great OS to begin with.

That is one of the main reason Bill Gates doesn't get any money from me.

-b

--
"One trend that bothers me is the glorification of
stupidity, that the media is reassuring people it's