Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

So sprach Tuomas Kuosmanen am Thu, May 24, 2001 at 08:46:37PM +0300:
However, surely the locations need to be accessible from any app and not
just from those that use gconf?

Yep, the folder would be in your homedir in any case. Or somewhere you
changet it yourself (if there is some capplet to set them)

Well, but how should non-GConf programs find out the name/location of a
directory?  I might assume that non-GConf programs will look for
~/Documents, but how should they know that I much rather like this to be
"~/Meine Dokumente"?  Ie. the directory name is

a) Not the english default
b) Not a plain translated dirctory name (this would have been ~/Dokumente)

But I suppose that there's nothing that can be done about, is there?

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de