Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- From: Alexander Skwar <ASkwar DigitalProjects com>
- To: Christopher James Lahey <clahey ximian com>
- Cc: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>, Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>, corsepiu faw uni-ulm de, nautilus-list eazel com, mc gnome org, prion-me-harder ximian com
- Subject: Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:16:09 +0200
So sprach Christopher James Lahey am Thu, May 24, 2001 at 06:06:49AM -0400:
That doesn't work either because then if you switch languages, you lose
all your data. Well, it's in a directory that's harder to find which
amounts to the same thing.
Uh? Why do you lose data? I proposed that Control Center (or whatever)
should then ask you if you want to create new directories. Further it might
also convert the data, ie. mv <OldDir> <NewDir>.
On the other hand, the translation part is basically just about how it
should be represented. Have a look at Windows. Windows installs programs
to C:\Programme, in a german windows at least. In an English Windows, it'll
install to C:\Program Files, and obviously German and English programs can
ask Windows where the 'PROGRAM FILES' directory is.
Isn't that what we're talking about here as well?
How to quote: http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage: http://www.digitalprojects.com | http://www.iso-top.de
iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
Uptime: 9 days 22 hours 59 minutes
] [Thread Prev