Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

So sprach Christopher James Lahey am Thu, May 24, 2001 at 06:06:49AM -0400:
That doesn't work either because then if you switch languages, you lose
all your data.  Well, it's in a directory that's harder to find which
amounts to the same thing.

Uh?  Why do you lose data?  I proposed that Control Center (or whatever)
should then ask you if you want to create new directories.  Further it might
also convert the data, ie. mv <OldDir> <NewDir>.

On the other hand, the translation part is basically just about how it
should be represented.  Have a look at Windows.  Windows installs programs
to C:\Programme, in a german windows at least.  In an English Windows, it'll
install to C:\Program Files, and obviously German and English programs can
ask Windows where the 'PROGRAM FILES' directory is.

Isn't that what we're talking about here as well?

Alexander Skwar
How to quote: (german) (english)
Homepage:   | - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                Uptime: 9 days 22 hours 59 minutes