Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [PMH] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

Steven Willoughby wrote:

On 23 May 2001 14:59:31 -0700, Miles Lane wrote:

It would be cool to be able to:

     Click on a RPM link to download the RPM file
     and then have an installer kick off that shows
     the RPM info and asks for an installation
     confirmation.  Then, prompt for the root
     password before actually installing the package.

     Miles

This would be even cooler if there was a standardized app that prompts
for the root password (as it seems like there is, in gnome) and have it
do something like sudo does, i.e. only prompts again after a
configurable amount of seconds.

gnorpm-auth

It uses consolehelper to authorize and run gnorpm as root.

--
"One trend that bothers me is the glorification of
stupidity, that the media is reassuring people it's alright not to know anything. That to me is far more dangerous than a little pornography on the Internet." - Carl Sagan