Re: gmc 4.5.55 treeview question

Hi, Karl!

I would like to control the background color of the the double tree
views, independently of any theme I might install is there a way to do
this?

You can set styles for widget classes.  Usually .gtkrc looks like

# -- THEME AUTO-WRITTEN DO NOT EDIT
include "/usr/share/themes/Raleigh/gtk/gtkrc"
include "/home/proski/.gtkrc.mine"
# -- THEME AUTO-WRITTEN DO NOT EDIT

You just customize .gtkrc.mine, so that the properties you set there don't
change when you change the theme.

This way you can redefine e.g. background of all trees.  You should be
able to redefine an mc-specific class "GtkDTree".  I haven't tried and I
don't promise that the result will have a reasonable look :-)

If you don't want to use the theme engine at all, I don't think it's
possible without changing the gmc binary.  Try playing with
gtk_ctree_node_set_background(), gtk_clist_set_background() and
gtk_style_set_background().

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin