displays bad regular file timestamps on entry to .bz2 file & preserves the errors on copy out

It's only happened on this one so far that I can remember:
<http://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/68.6.0esr/linux-x86_64/en-US/firefox-68.6.0esr.tar.bz2>
Others I've checked from mozilla.org are handled normally.

Tar has no such problem.

Is this a known issue? I've not been able to find anything on point among tickets
on https://midnight-commander.org/

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/