corruption on vttys

Is this a known problem? Block characters following funzip (7) and liblapadk.so.3
(3 & 5) do not belong there. I see this quiet commonly on return to a vtty running
mc from some other vtty login. Ctrl-O Ctrl-O clears them away.

http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/mc-corrupt-1440x0900.png

This has been going on for several releases across various distros. This
particular screenshot is from 4.8.24 on openSUSE 15.2, but I've seen it on Debian
and Fedora too.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
        is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/