Re: mc macro recording/editing issues

Also is there a way for macros to get cursor position in a file in a form of offset from the beginning of the file?

What I'm trying to achieve is to get some sort of autocompletion for golang using gocode, and it is done like this:

# cat pcap-read.go | gocode autocomplete 552
Found 2 candidates:
  func OpenLive(device string, snaplen int32, promisc bool, timeout time.Duration) (handle *pcap.Handle, _ error)
  func OpenOffline(file string) (handle *pcap.Handle, err error)

where 552 is a cursor position from the beginning of the file.

Thanks,
Sergey.

Hi All.

I'm trying to use macro in mcedit. Man says, that recoded macros should end up in ~/.local/share/mc/mc.macros file. Neither when I record a macro nor when I use "save setup" in mcedit or mc I do no see any updates in mc.macros. If I exit from mc and start it again, recorded macro get lost. If I manually try to describe a macro in mc.macros, I do not see it available in mcedit.

So what I've tried:
1. Use Ctrl-r to record a macro: it works, but only until I exit from mc.
2. Put the following into ~/.local/share/mc/mc.macros:
[editor]
ctrl-space=EditWordLeftHighlight:-1;

$ mc -V
GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.19-65-g5e5f57c
Built with GLib 2.48.0
Using the S-Lang library with terminfo database
With builtin Editor
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
Virtual File Systems: cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, sftpfs, fish
Data types: char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void *: 64; size_t: 64; off_t: 64;

Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Sergey.