root:root ownership of ~/.local/share/mc

I'm not sure if this is to be considered as a bug or if it is just an «unfortunate coincidence». In case it's of any use I will report:

I am an active user of mc. After a fresh install of GNU/Linux (mostly Ubuntu flavors) my first steps look like

  $> sudo apt install mc
  $> sudo mc -or- sudo mcedit whatever.cfg

This leads to mc creating a config folder in the first-user home directory owned by root. Later, when getting into everyday routines I realise about it (no history, no clipboard-file-copies are allowed to me) and I have to «sudo chown -R ...» to fix it.

David