Do you know how to fix "ALT+I" key combo in tightvnc for mc?

Hello,

I'm sorry, but maybe you can help me?
I'm trying to connect to a Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server using tightvnc.
It works neatly, but they key combination "ALT+I" is not being transmitted to midnight commander correctly: Instead of changing both panels to the same directory, MC just displays a question mark "?" in the command line.
I'm sure it's a bug or feature of Tightvnc, but I don't know how to fix it.
Maybe someone here also experienced this tightvnc-behaviour and knows what to do... Any suggestions?

Yours
Alex