Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.18 released

Le dimanche 02 octobre 2016 à 21:18 +0200, Yury V. Zaytsev a écrit :
Hi,

I'm glad to announce the immediate availability of mc-4.8.18!

This is a maintenance release which mainly includes bugfixes and
addresses several regressions reported against the previous version.

For a detailed list of changes since the last release, please refer to
the release notes.

Download page: http://ftp.midnight-commander.org/?C=N;O=D
Release notes: http://www.midnight-commander.org/wiki/NEWS-4.8.18

Traditionally, big thanks goes to Andrew Borodin, who's made this
release possible, as well as our regular contributors Mooffie, Andreas
Mohr and others, including our translators.

As always, we hope to accept more patches for the next version, but our
test suite is in shambles, which makes reviews a daunting and extremely
tedious task. Contributions in this area, and, in particular, unit tests
for outstanding patches are especially welcome!

Hi Yuri, all.

First, thanks to all of you for that release.

I’ve updated « my » packages on OpenSuSe Build Service to 4.8.18
for the following distros:

CentOS and Scientific Linux 6 i586 and x86_64.
CentOS and Scientific Linux 7 x86_64.
Fedora 23, 24, i586 and x86_64.
Fedora 20, 21 and 22 packages will be build anymore as these versions
are EOL’ed.
I will update MC wiki about it.

I’ve used official tar.xz package, and mc was built with the
following options:
        --with-screen=slang \
        --enable-charset \
        --without-x \
        --with-gpm-mouse \
        --disable-rpath \
        --enable-vfs-smb \
        --enable-vfs-sftp \
        --enable-aspell

You can get packages here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/repositories/home:laurentwandrebeck:mc/mc

Thanks,
--
Laurent Wandrebeck <l wandrebeck quelquesmots fr>