Re: small request

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, solarflow99 wrote:

yes, exactly. thanks for the understanding, this would allow existing behaviour to continue the way it has been for years like you mentioned, I agree with that as well.

So, if one doesn't want other_dir to be saved automatically (like me), how do you propose to achieve this if the current behavior is modified such that it is excluded from panel autosave option? Introduce yet another micro-option specifically for other_dir?

Right now, it's quite straightforward: you either get all or nothing. You like the state being carried over? Enable autosave, which is available as an option, but not on by default. You don't want this? Keep it off.

You propose to decouple this for some chosen option, that is other_dir, and then we'll surely get someone complaining that he wants to be able to turn it off, so now we'll have to introduce yet another option ("carry over other_dir" and "carry over all other state").

How about just enabling autosave and letting it be? Or else, try mc^2 ;-)

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev