256 color skins and screen. Was: Midnight Commander 4.8.13 released

On 2014-09-08 Egmont Koblinger wrote:

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 1:56 AM, toothpik <toothpik6 gmail com> wrote:

I am an instant fan of the new gray-green-purple

I'm happy to hear this, I'm really glad you like it :)  (I created
these skins, I myself also prefer the green-purple variant.)

Why is it that I can't use 256 color skins under GNU screen? I
get the error message:

 0: Unable to use 'gray-orange-blue256' skin with 256 colors support
               │                        on non-256 colors terminal.
               │                        Default skin has been loaded

But my terminal is 256 color capable:

  ~/ % echo $TERM
  rxvt-unicode-256color

  ~/ % infocmp $TERM | grep 256
  #       Reconstructed via infocmp from file: /usr/share/terminfo/r/rxvt-unicode-256color
  rxvt-unicode-256color|rxvt-unicode terminal with 256 colors (X Window System),
          btns#5, colors#256, cols#80, it#8, lines#24, lm#0, ncv#0,

This applies to both the terminal that screen is started from
as well as screen itself. The mc subshell also recognizes this.
colortest-python, the little test program to test the colors,
also gives me 256 colors.

What gives?

Thanks,

Morten