question about usage of user menu x and t conditions

Hello,

Can somebody give a working example about the user menu conditions below ?

t <type>              current file of type?
x <filename>          is it executable filename?

I have had some attempt to find out, but I got errors during their
evaluation.

eg. t *.png OR t png ...
eg. x must be selfevident according to its rights, why need pattern ?

Since I love the MC I would like to explore these features as well.

Thanks in advance.

Cs