Or, you might want to remove the former stable 4.1.8.7 from the main homepage and keep it only in the Downloads section.  Or something like this...

Thanks a lot,
egmont

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda earthlink net> wrote:
On 2013-02-21 13:42 (GMT+0400) Andrew Borodin composed:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:33:02 +0100 Egmont Koblinger wrote:

Andrew:  Is it that soon there will be a 4.9.1.x stable and 4.9.x devel
series?

No, not soon. 4.8.x series is still continued. 4.9 should be well stable, without major and annoying defects and with some major features.

Above response leaves me quite confused. :-(

Or you give up this development model and stick to a single branch
from now on?

Yep.

You mean eventually there will be only one version instead of two?

If the latter, I think it should be made obvious on the
homepage (maybe when 4.8.8 is released), and the "Our release workflow"
page should also be updated.

Yes, certainly.

My original thread starter question hasn't really been answered yet. Who is the 4.8.1.x branch for, since it seems major distro's latest releases are using 4.8.x, with openSUSE that doesn't even release using latest in 4.8.1.x line the only exception I'm aware of?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/