deselect text after ctrl+ins

Hello.

I am used to work with Debian Squeeze (mc 4.7.0.9) and now decided to
try Ubuntu 12.04 (mc 4.8.1).

On debian ctrl+ins in mcedit deselects region to be copied (even when
editor_persistent_selections=1), but not on Ubuntu.
Is there an option in mc 4.8 to enable old behavior?

By the way, there are numerous issues to make mc work correctly under
screen/tmux, and one of them is shift+fn.
I have managed to make them work by including following lines into mc.lib:
[terminal:screen]
copy=xterm

Thanks in advance,
Sergey Naumov.