Re: optimising "change CWD" algorithm in subshell mode

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 08:25:59 Andrew Savchenko wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 07:44:13 +1100 Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> > >
> > > find out where the slowness *actually* comes from. oprofile, or maybe
> > > callgrind (once you isolated the process).
> >
> > I don't know where slowness comes from (self-evidently it becomes slower
> > with the growing length of full path)
>
> That's why you are asked to use oprofile to find out. You may use
> systemtap as well.

Andrew, I have to clarify that Oswald merely replied what's in his opinion
should be done. He did not ask me to use those tools.
I don't know how to use them. If you posses this knowledge please feel free to
share what you have found.

Regards,
Dmitry.