Re: How to add subshell support for ash

Never mind, I am one step further:

>     case ASH:
>         /* ash does not support precmd, we need to read cwd from the prompt */
>         g_snprintf (precmd, sizeof (precmd),
>                     "PS1='$(pwd>&%d; kill -STOP $$)\\u@\\h:\\w\\$ '\n", subshell_pipe[WRITE]);
>         break;

This works for BusyBox ash (tested on mipsel platform). The command will
be contained in the shell editing history, but for me this is acceptable.

The next thing I want to do is set ENV so as to enable loading my shell
profile without having to use a login shell. This would be the
equivalent to Bash's "-rcfile" parameter. I did this:

>     case ASH:
>         /* Do we have a custom init file ~/.local/share/mc/ashrc? */
>         init_file = mc_config_get_full_path ("ashrc");
>
>         /* Otherwise use ~/.profile */
>         if (access (init_file, R_OK) == -1)
>         {
>             g_free (init_file);
>             init_file = g_strdup (".profile");
>         }
>
>         /* Put init file to ENV variable used by ash */
>         char *putenv_str = g_strconcat ("ENV=", init_file, NULL);
>         putenv (putenv_str);
>         g_free (putenv_str);
>
>         break;

And later this:

>     /* TODO for upstream patch: Execute correct ash/dash/busybox shell (not necessary for Freetz) */
>     case ASH:
>         execl (shell, "sh", (char *) NULL);
>         break;

The problem is that ENV seems to be unset in my subshell's environment,
i.e. that ~ /.profile (whiche exists) is not evaluated. Do I need to
somehow export the ENV variable to make it available to the subshell?
BTW, I am compiling against uClibc 0.9.29, if this is relevant.

Alexander Kriegisch, 03.03.2012 14:41: