ftp and nfs missing files bug(s)?

I have many multiboot Linux systems, mostly openSUSE but also Knoppix, Gentoo, Fedora, *buntu & Mageia/Mandriva, and in their hotlists I have the following:

ENTRY "gwdg.de opensuse" URL "/#ftp:ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse"

In 4.8.3 when I use that entry the first time in a session, all entries except .. and a pub entry that does not belong are missing. I can type in cd repositories or distribution or factory and reach the desired locations, after which going to .. gets the pub/opensuse files listing that should have been there in the first place.