Re: [Fwd: Re: memory leak with quick view]

Janek Kozicki said:     (by the date of Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:40:57 +0100)

> Also, since in patch description you assumed that it goes wrong when
> used without utf8, I checked this - and I have found a way to
> workaround this patch. I only need to:
>
> LANG=POSIX
>
> Then it is not messed up, and looks like on attached screenshot.

I want to report an undefined behaviour:
The LANG=POSIX "workaround" works about 50% of tries. I just open an
xterm, and type: LANG=POSIX mc

That's really weird.

Also I tried this on mc without your proposed patch. Same behaviour.

Even more weird is that I can get following:

$ LANG=POSIX mc
# here it works, so F10, quit mc, and run it again in same xterm:
$ LANG=POSIX mc
# now it doesn't work