Re: ncurses or slang

Dear Slava,

what is the preferred screen output library in the
upcoming mc 4.7 and current pre2?

Preferred to S-Lang (as default), but Ncurses fully supported too.

With NCurses we have some restrictions (like trouble with drawing of
double lines for boxes). S-Lang is a more powerfull library.

did you contact Thomas Dickey, the author of ncurses with your problems?
I am not sure if he is still on this list (he used to be), but he is active at the ncurses list bug-ncurses gnu org and generally responsive to bug reports and helpful in solving complex usage cases.

          Sincerely, Michail