Git repository management

Hi,

the fact that I regularly get "(forced update)" when pulling from the mc
git repo is bit mind-boggling as it makes it harder to track where
things go.
Also I wonder how you deal with duplicates (I guess not at alL).
Recently, remotes/mc/HACK_utf8_mc-4.6 has been added, while there
already has been an implicit utf8 branch with the mc-4.6.2_utf8 tag. Now
I am not sure whether or not to rebase the proposed changed onto the new
branch or not.
At best, it's pretty intransparent right now.

And BTW, there exists an "mc-4.6.2" tag in the repository, but there
seems to be no 4.6.2 release, neither on
savannah.nongnu.org/projects/mc, nor freshmeat.net/projects/mc, nor as a
bare file in http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mc/.
The out-of-date mirror
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/ just adds to the
confusion.