glibc greater than 2.7 someone have working F3 F4 view and edit?

Hello,

someone tried to compile mc 4.6.2 or other with glibc greater than 2.7?
Mine was successful for mc 4.6.2 with glibc 2.10.1 but:
-F3 key (view) and F4 (edit) does not work anymore.
mcview file.txt shows nothing when trying to execute it from terminal, (return code is just 0)
mc -v  shows nothing when trying to execute it from terminal, (return code is just 0)
mcedit works OK executed from terminal, just F4 key does not work

Someone else encountered this with glibc 2.9:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user lists gentoo org/msg78395.html
As I understand this fix I have to reinstall kernel headers after compiling glibc.
I tried and no change for me.

Any ideas where to look? How to fix?
mc works with glibc 2.7, after updating to 2.10.1 (and then recompilated) it fails
kernel headers 2.6.23, kernel 2.6.30.5

have a nice day,
Zbigniew