[bug #24038] slow starting of mc

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #24038 (project mc):

I can confirm the same issue on multiple platform: OS X, Fedora and Ubuntu.

It's a real pain and this should be solved inside mc - mc is used as a
configuration tools and it's supposed to work even on systems where
configuration is not "well done".

BTW. The solution with "options no_tld_query" in resolv.conf does not solves
the problem in my case.

I don't remember exactly but I think it's somewhat related to /etc/hosts

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?24038>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/