Midnight commander path bug

Hi. I just installed, using the Rudix package, midnight commander on my Intel 8-core Mac Pro.

I was *delighted*, as I use MC on all my linux systems, and missed it.

However, in navigating directories, I found that I could not navigate into these:

          /Users/abcdefghijk1/src/bens/dbt/release_1.0
          /Users/abcdefghijk1/src/bens/dbt/r_1.0

...but that I *could* navigate into these:

          /Users/abcdefghijk1/src/bens/dbt/r1.0
          /Users/abcdefghijk1/src/bens/dbt/r_1

It looks like a path length bug. Waaaay too short.

Here is the output of mc -V:

GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.1
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish
With builtin Editor
Using the ncurses library
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations