[bug #21524] Dangerous unpacking (disk full is not reported, unpacked files become corrupt)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 4.6.1
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

Hi!
I simply refer to my mail on ML:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc/2007-April/msg00002.html
The workaround I suggested there is not usable, because it is _very_ slow.
The main problem: most archivers cannot do "unpack foo as bar" and we use
"unpack --unpack-to-stdout archive/foo > bar" and unpack won't return with
error in case of disk-full.
A possible workaround (pseudo-code):
extractto-dir = basedir(extractto)
extractto-name = undocumented ;-P
Then we could unpack to extractto-dir with the original name, then rename the
unpacked file to extractto-name.
Bye

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?21524>

  Message sent via/by Savannah