[bug #19328] MC fail to notice when archive is replaced

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: current (CVS or snapshot)
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

When .tar.bz2 archive is replaced, VFS in MC fails to notice it.
If you pack some files, examine the archive, then repack the archive with
different files, you see still old files.

How to reproduce:

Create two valid archives with distinct content (does not matter what
content, just it have to be distinct files):
a.tar.bz2 and b.tar.bz2

Now move cursor to a.tar.bz2 and press enter. You see the contents. Fine, now
go back, delete a.tar.bz2 and rename b.tar.bz2 to a.tar.bz2. Move to a.tar.bz2
(which is actually a renamed b.tar.bz2) and press enter. You will see cached
content of previous a.tar.bz2 and you can even extract the files, even though
the archive is deleted (I suppose a copy lives in /tmp or in memory)

Suggested fix: check date and size of archive when entering it. If it does
not match, re-read the archive. This should fix most of the cases.
Clean, but maybe slower solution is to re-read archive every time it is
entered.

I suppose this bug may also affect other archive types (.tar.gz?), though I
have not tested it.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?19328>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/