[bug #18766] Not re-sorted at panel swap

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #18766 (project mc):

Uhm, well.. It seems this behaviour is by design:

[...]
Tue Aug 29 14:33:16 1995  Jakub Jelinek

        * layout.c (swap_panels): Fixed. Now it should work fine and if
        there are both view_listings, then it just swappes their content
        (and not formats etc.), so that you may have one format in the left
        and a different one in the right panel and if you want to see some
        things that are in the left for a file on the right, you just C-u.
[...]

And also from the swap_panels() in layout.c:

  /* Change everything except format/sort/panel_name etc. */

As I understand it the idea is to have a super-fast way to view some file
attributes which are not displayed in the other view but are displayed in the
current panel view. I noticed that this
function is not documented very well - IMO the documentation is not clear on
what this command's purpose is :)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?18766>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/