Re: No MC snapshot since 2006-12-28

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 23:07 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 21:07, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 17:51 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > > Would you check why the snapshot is not being generated ?
> >
> > No problems this time.  I run the snapshot generator manually from time
> > to time.  The new snapshot is available now.
>
> I see. I thought the snapshot was generated manually. At
> least it seemed to me that new versions appear after changes
> were commited :) Perhaps the process can be automated ?

The script will need to find out if there are any updates in CVS.  We
don't want to post a snapshot without actual changes in CVS.
Unfortunately, there is no single commit ID in CVS, so I'll need to
implement an algorithm to calculate it (I think it could be SHA1 of the
sorted list of all files with revisions).

I'm placing the issue on my TODO list.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin