Re: maybe a bug in copy files

Hello Lubomir,

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Lubomir Grajciar wrote:

When I try to copy file(s) with unchecked "preserve atributes"
checkbox as regular user, copied files hasn't attributes based on my
umask.

My umask is: 0022
Copied file attributes: 600

When I try to create a new file (for example with shift-F4), it is
created with right attributes (644).

Thanks for noticing and reporting this! It is indeed a bug and
it has been here for the last 5 years.

For the curious - there is a thread with a subject of "Problems
with vfs / ftpfs" started on 27 Feb 2002. As it can be
seen the patch posted by Andrew calls chmod() on the target
file only if "preserve attributes" is set. However, it has to
be called in both cases since the destination file is created
with mode 600 initially due to security concerns - more info
can be found in file.c .

I'll revert that patch.