Re: changes in UTF-8 patch

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 00:57:19 +0100, Michail Vidiassov <master iaas msu ru> wrote:

Ok, it fixed problems on Mac OS X I have complained about.

But one problem ramains - if I enter an archive named in Russian, (by pressing Enter on it) its name appears in the command-line area below the panels (Ctrl-L clears it).

I think an fprintf (stderr, ...) function could do that, try redirect stderr when running mc. I have not found a way how reproduce this problem, so if you could send me an example problematic archive for testing. (ideal with whole path to archive)
I have no idea what is happening for now.

Please, add KOI8*, CP866, CP1251, CP1252 to the list of supported
encodings - that will serve most of the needs of Russians till the time
when you deal with the issue in a proper general way.

Encodings added.