[bug #21692] fish copies files to tmp before transfer -> fails with low disk space

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 4.6.1
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

To reproduce:
1. have a machine with a 4G file on it and just 1G free space
2. mc
3. Left -> Shell connection, enter remote machine name and connect
4. In the right pane, locate the big file and hit F5 to copy it to the remote
machine

result:
while mc pretends it is transferring the file to the remote machine, it is
actually copying it to ~/tmp/mc-$USER.
If I had enough space it would start transfer _AFTER_ the file is completely
copied (after it _CLAIMS_ to user 100% was transferred).
But since I do not have this much space, I am SOL and it fails.

mc --version
GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.1
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish, undelfs
With builtin Editor
Using system-installed S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support

Mandriva Linux 2008.0 here

the patches applied by distribution are available here:
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/updates/2008.0/mc/current/SOURCES/

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?21692>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/