Re: File has hard-links. Detach before saving?

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:18:18 +0200 Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi kde org> wrote:

> > now this dialog's default is Yes. But, for example, default Fedora
> > installation has /etc/resolv.conf and
> > /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/resolv.conf hardlinked. In
> > this case I don't want to detach. So I propose default to be No.
> >
> i'm strictly opposed. it would make working with cloned source trees
> harder. and i'm pretty sure that my use case is sort of more common than
> yours. :-P

Why? Do you think there are more programmers using mc than system
administrators? :)

> fwiw, i think the setup you described is totally braindead. it's just a
> matter of time until some other editor detaches the file. one of the
> files should be a symlink to the other one.

Because of that I proposed to make default No, not Yes, because you
may accidentally press Enter on Yes. Or should it be configurable?
Any other opinions?

Regards,
Nerijus