[bug #17967] Little bugs in FC utf-8 patches

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: current (CVS or snapshot)
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

Yes, it would fit better in Redhat bugzilla, but I'm not a Redhat user, I use
Gentoo, but I have mc-4.6.1a from FC on overlay (sort of) , due to slang-2 and
utf patches.
So, the problems...
1. Something that I got from another patch: Redhat patch introduces a bug in
viewer with double-width chars - they are displayed incorrectly (hard to
explain - have to see on yourself, I could observe it it japanese text files,
but it should be reproducible with any double width)
2. Something I tried to solve on my own: Redhat introduces a bug in edit
widgets with double-width chars - when you enter a double width char into
such widget, for each such char entered an extra dot is output beyond cursor
position, you can't delete it, cause it's beyond cursor, it's deleted when
you delete this char. Also when edit widget is a password field, one
double-width char results in two stars. My solution is probably incorrect,
but works for me.

Attached patch has fixes for those two problems merged.

And one more thing: well, I should not do it on bugzilla, but I have a
question that's rather meant for mc-devel list and maybe somebody could
answer it there. How much of ABOUT-NLS file is still valid, that is what is
the version of gettext/glibc/whatever that would make building
--with-included-gettext unneeded ?

File Attachments:

Date: Wednesday 10/11/2006 at 05:55  Name: mc-4.6.1-RH.patch  Size: 1kB   By:
voidmage