Re: Fix for password-protected .rar files

Hello Denis,

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=16967

unrar of password-protected archives hangs (unrar opens
/dev/tty and sits there, waiting for the password)
The patch adds -p- switch.

I did some tests which show that the only place where the 'p-'
switch is necessary is the function mcrarfs_copyout. I also
noticed something unrelated to your patch which must be fixed
IMO. Encrypted archive entries are listed by rar with a '*'
character prepended to their names - as a consequence all further
operations on this files won't succeed since MC passes to extfs
the wrong name.