Re: Makeing the subshell reliable

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Arpad Biro wrote:

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
I also don't remember having major trouble with the subshell
myself but then there are enough records in this mailing list
and in other places which testify that the subshell is causing
a lot of confusion. A lot of efforts were thrown in an attempt
to solve the unsolvable "The shell is already running a command"
problem for example.

The situation seems to have improved, but that problem still
exists. I still often get that dreaded message with MC 4.6.1.
If it's unsolvable, couldn't we have a "Just run that damn
command anyway" button on the "already running..." error
dialog?

No. Since it may cause undesired effects. What happens if you
leave the subshell with 'rm -rf ' left at the prompt ?