Utar virtual filesystem

I'm working to make MC to treat .tlz (tar.lzma also known as 7-zip)
archives as standard .tgz - to be able to get in them by cd
<archive_name>.tlz#utar or from mc itself.

Can I change utar's configuration so it would recognize
lzma-compressed files - tar is patched to support lzma already - and
if I can, then how?
Or I have to write an extfs plugin, like urar? Then where to read, how
to write it properly? I tried to make a copy of existing plugins, of
course, changing to lzma everything inside, but that didn't work.

Thank you.

I'm not in the mc or mc-devel mailing list.