[bug #15749] strange behavior with viewing files >2Gb

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #15749 (project mc):

> Did I understand you correctly that scrolling to the end of a file < 2 GB
is momentarily, but it takes long only for files > 2 GB?
Yes.

> There is currently no way to avoid the waiting. It is used for line number
generation, and perhaps that calculation could be delayed a bit or be done in
the background.
So sorrow :-/ But it is strange for me that time of calculation significantly
increases just at point of 2Gb...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=15749>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/