[bug #15749] strange behavior with viewing files >2Gb

Update of bug #15749 (project mc):

             Assigned to:                    None => rillig

Follow-up Comment #1:

It's true that the viewer takes a long time to scroll at the end of a large
file.

Did I understand you correctly that scrolling to the end of a file < 2 GB is
momentarily, but it takes long only for files > 2 GB? I would have expected
it the other way round, so that files < 2 GB take a long time and files > 2
GB are quick (which might indicate a bug in the code).

There is currently no way to avoid the waiting. It is used for line number
generation, and perhaps that calculation could be delayed a bit or be done in
the background. This would complicate the code, as the current commands for
"one line up", "one line down", and so depend on the line numbers to be
there. But it is certainly possible.

Roland

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=15749>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah