[bug #14155] 4.6.1: mouse wheel strangeness

Follow-up Comment #22, bug #14155 (project mc):

> Another, smaller issue, is that the scrolling happens a screenful at a
time. It would be more intuitive if it scrolled a few lines at a time.
> Maybe if other people like the current behaviour it could be made into some
kind of user preference or option, "slow-scrolling mouse wheel" or something
like that?

I agree with this, it is very disconcerting.  Usually I set the wheel to go 3
to 5 times what the up or down-arrow does; as it is mc does over 30 times what
the down arrow does.

Perhaps when slow-link mode is enabled pagedn makes sense, but not locally.

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> Hi John,
> Yeah, sure. You can disable it from the GNOME preferences

I don't see where/how MC is configured in gnome.  I run MC on the console or
in xterms, without gnome running.  Any more details on how to fix the btn4
btn5 beghaviour?

Thanks.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14155>

  Message sent via/by Savannah