[patch #1042] hotkeys and other improvements in hotlist

Follow-up Comment #14, patch #1042 (project mc):

Sure, please feel free to use a different dotdot patch. I'm not saying mine
is the best. I just want this functionality to be in.

As for my patch, I wasn't such an experienced programmer back then (three
years ago!). I just reworked that entire file and made a diff. I was not sure
it will be accepted, and in fact it was indeed ignored for years. I can do
better patches now, if I know they have a good chance to be accepted.

By the way, currently I still run my own patched version of pre-4.6.0,
because my patches are more important for me than the progress in the main
codebase. If this patch is accepted or at least used so that the
functionality is in, I may consider submitting other patches from my own
version for including. And if they are accepted too I will be able to move to
using the latest CVS, and therefore participate in the development more
actively.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=1042>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/