Re: find in viewer

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:51:58 +0200 (EET) Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:

> > could this patch please be committed to cvs (I am attaching it for your convenience)?
> > BTW, how this patch works when two mc are running? If I search in 1st mc,
> > then in 2nd mc, and then again in 1st mc, what will I get - last text from
> > 1st or 2nd? I'd prefer from 1st, i.e. different mc sessions to be independent.
>
> This patch is not as good. Something else should be used. Reverting the
> original code that broke this feature might be better option for now. I'll
> try to do something about it till the weekend.

Can this code please be reverted?

On Thu, 18 May 2006 17:42:45 +0300 (EEST) Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:

> The following  commit broke it:
>
> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/mc/mc/src/view.c?sortby=date&r2=1.336&r1=1.335&diff_format=u

That change was done by rillig. Roland, could you please do it?
The original problem description:
Find in viewer does not remember its last search string:
F3, F7, enter some text, Enter, F10. F3, F7 - search string
field is empty. It used to remember earlier, and it doesn't
happen with editor (editor remembers search string).

Regards,
Nerijus