Slower viewer [was Re: Shall we have a release?]

Hello Roland,

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 17:04 +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> The file viewer has become much slower for large files, which annoys
> some users.

What exactly are these regressions? If I view a 40MB text file on a
256MB system pressing End actually gets me to the end much faster than
with a binary from June 2005 (5 vs 60 secs). Opening of the file is not
significantly slower (if at all) than with the old version.

Is this really an issue (that should stop us from doing a release)?

Leonard.