Re: Shall we have a release?

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
Hello Roland,

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 17:04 +0200, Roland Illig wrote:

The file viewer has become much slower for large files, which annoys some users.

Is this something that can be fixed within a couple of weeks? Any leads
on how to solve the issue?

I have had a look at the less(1) source code, which has to make similar things (viewing large files quickly). I haven't read the code completely, but it looks very promising.

For the timeframe in which I can do the work: I will be leaving for holiday tomorrow or the day after, coming back near August 27. So if we want a usable, quick viewer in the release, it takes some more time. :)

Roland